IPG Completes Acquisition of Acxiom LLC
Acxiom will continue to offer the broadest set of data and services in the industry for helping brands, their agencies and their technology partners navigate the complexity of creating exceptional experiences across every consumer touchpoint. Acxiom's nearly 50 years of expertise and leadership in ethical data use will continue to be a differentiator in this era where consumers expect - and regulations increasingly demand - accountability, transparency and choice in how consumer data is managed and used.
"With this transaction, we will add a foundational, world-class data asset, covering two-thirds of the global population, to our capabilities. This is a transformational step for IPG that will benefit our clients," commented
"By adding Acxiom to our offerings, we are positioning our company for a future in which data-driven marketing solutions will be increasingly core to brands' success," commented
This combination will deliversignificant opportunities and benefits for brands and CMOs:
- The tools to break down data silos, activating data across both digital and offline channels
- Unmatched outcome-driven services delivering targeted brand experiences that integrate disparate channels, advertising and marketing technologies, and data across the customer journey
- The ability to manage 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data at scale using a comprehensive suite of offerings including data strategy and management, audience creation, performance media, planning and buying, personalized messaging, and analytics
To this opportunity, the combination brings together companies that share a culture of transparency and respect for the consumer:
- Acxiom is a pioneer and thought leader in data stewardship, with best-in-class ethical standards on gathering data, and respect for consumer privacy
- Acxiom is entrusted by many of the world's most highly-regulated industries to manage first-party data in a safe and secure way
- Coupled with IPG's long-standing commitment to transparency in its media practices, Acxiom's focus on data ethics creates a differentiated offering for clients
With this acquisition, IPG and Acxiom together will be able to provide a unique and high-value service to clients that unifies information security and first-party data management with marketing solutions.
Acxiom will remain a stand-alone division within IPG, reporting into
Acquisition Financial Details
Interpublic completed the offering of
IPG expects the acquisition to provide significant financial benefits, including an acceleration in incremental revenue and earnings opportunities across a range of data-driven marketing solutions. Acxiom, which represents approximately 8% of the combined IPG revenues, diversifies IPG's revenue base by client and practice discipline, and adding long-term, contracted revenue streams.
IPG remains committed to a strong balance sheet, maintaining investment-grade credit metrics, and continuing to grow its dividend.
# # #
Interpublic is one of the world's leading organizations of advertising agencies and marketing services companies. Major global brands include Craft, FCB (
Acxiom provides the data foundation for the world's best marketers. Acxiom enables people-based marketing everywhere through a simple, open approach to connecting systems and data that drives seamless customer experiences and higher ROI. A leader in identity and ethical data use for nearly 50 years, Acxiom helps thousands of clients and partners around the globe work together to create a world where all marketing is relevant. Acxiom is a registered trademark of
# # #
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.